Many companies have decided on “going green” in an attempt to preserve the planet and the people who live in it. When company goes green, they switch their focus onto saving energy and creating products that are environmentally-friendly that are often made from recyclable, renewable and readily available resources. Below are seven companies that have recently “gone green.”
1. Ordertree.com – The preferred choice for thousands of American’s, this environmentally-friendly company is one of the largest distributors for service parts, accessories and new products for a number of popular brands of outdoor power equipment, sustainable energy products, lawn and garden equipment, emergency storm and preparedness products, and power sports products. Just a few of the company’s energy saving (or “green”) products include electric lawn mowers, LED light bulbs, portable emergency radios, flashlights, power generators and chargers.
2. Green Home Environmental Store – Constantly searching for better ways to improve planet Earth, Green home, Inc. has become one of the longest lasting environmental stores and resource centers on the Internet. Since it was established in 1999, Green Home has brought together a core team of environmentalists from across the country to educate people and supply them with a variety of eco-friendly products in the categories of appliances, furniture, lighting, clothing, bath, bedding, office tools, personal accessories and more. Members of the Green Home team also test all of their products professionally before distributing them to their customers.
3. Seventh Generation – For the past 20 years, Seventh Generation has been dedicated to becoming the world’s most trusted brand of safe, authentic and environmentally-responsible products for a healthy home. The company’s business practice is focused on helping people express their idealism, passion and commitment to causes larger than themselves, and stands behind the Great Law of the Iroquois stating, “In our every deliberation, we must consider the impact of our decisions on the next seven generations.” Seventh Generation’s “green-living” products include free and clear dyes and fragrances, baby products, laundry detergent, household cleaners and other household supplies.
4. Green Pet Products, Inc. – Green Pet Products specializes in environmentally safe pet products, all of which are made from renewable and readily available resources. The company went green when they began offering a full line of premium litter and bedding products for small animals that are both highly absorbent and extremely effective in controlling odors. Green Pet Products understands that pets are members of the family, which is why they deserve safe, dependable and environmentally-friendly pet care products.
5. Simple Green – Simple Green is a socially responsible company with one mission, and that is to become the worldwide market leader in providing quality and environmentally safe cleaning products. All of the products supplied by Simple Green are non-toxic and biodegradable, and are specially formulated to fight the toughest cleaning jobs while remaining safe for your family and the environment. Cleaning products by Simple Green include all-purpose cleaners, motorsports cleaner, stone polish, stainless steel cleaner, house and siding cleaner, driveway cleaner and heavy-duty cleaner.
6. Michigan Green Safe Products – Committed to the environment, the team at Michigan Green Safe Products pride themselves on their wide selection of eco-friendly products, all of which are available at conventional product prices. All of the company’s earth friendly products are made from recycled material and renewable resources, offering a wide variety of biodegradable cold/hot cups, plates, compostable utensils, carry-out food containers and environmentally-safe cleaning and laundry agents.
7. Pristine Planet – Pristine Planet is a shopping resource that helps visitors shop, browse, compare and review sustainable products and companies. Pristine Planet brings socially responsible merchants together on one website, and the revenue generated from consumer purchases go directly to green businesses, which, in turn, is reinvested into organic agriculture, fair trade and sustainable business practices, benefitting the planet in a number of ways.