Finding a great wine can be an arduous task given the amount of different brands / types that are out there. When you are on a tight budget, this task can be even more difficult. There are, however, a lot of great wines out there that are still highly affordable. Below are the top 10 wines for under $10.
1. JM Fonseca Twin Vines - JM Fonseca Twin Vines is a white wine that is extremely refreshing and light (on both the palate and the wallet). This wine is a perfect compliment to any chicken or pasta dish as well.
2. Chauteau August - This merlot (the best for under $10) has a smooth taste and goes well with red meat and sharp cheeses.
3.Ravenswood Zinfadel - A fairly dry wine, but one of the best you can get for under $10. Extremely smooth with lots of flavor.
4. Twin Fin Pinot Noir - Has a slight "alcoholy" taste, but is very rich. Goes great with pizza, steak, or pasta with red sauce.
5. Voga Quattro - An interesting (and great tasting) blend of merlot, shiraz, cabernet sauvignon, and pinot noir.
6. D'Arenberg the Stump Jump - Has the smell and taste of dark berries. A very good red wine for under $10.
7. Veramonte Merlot Reserva - A mixture of blackberry and cherry aromas. This red wine has a great flavor.
8. HRM Rex Goliath Zinfandel - A California wine with a lot of blackberry and cherry flavors.
9. Banrock Station Riesling - A South Australian white wine with a hint of lemon flavor.
10. Domaine Houchart - A great summer wine that has hints of strawberry and watermelon.